This website is owned and operated by Deliveris (“Deliveris”, “we” or “us). Registered office: 171 Ellerdine Road, Hounslow, TW3 2PU. Registered number: 11375691 (England and Wales). L & B Delivery LTD trading as Deliveris in the transport department. If you want to ask us anything about these terms and conditions or have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please contact us.
Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website, are owned by or licensed to L & B Delivery LTD. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of L & B Delivery LTD. To request permission to use contents for corporate use, please contact us. The Conditions constitute the entire agreement between ourselves as to your use of the Site and shall supersede any prior agreement or representation in respect thereof.
These conditions explain the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of all parties to the Contract. A contract is a two-way arrangement and it is important that everyone knows where they stand. Where we use the word ‘you’ or ‘your’ it means the Customer; ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Deliveris. These terms and conditions can only be varied or amended by prior written agreement.
Our offer is subject to availability of the resource. It does not include when applicable customs duties or inspections, or any other fees or taxes payable to government bodies. Insurance is shown separately. We may change the price or make additional charges if any of the following have not been considered when preparing our quotation, are confirmed by us in writing and which increase our costs:
1. By your delay, the work is not carried out or completed within three months.
2. Our costs increase (or decrease) because of currency fluctuations or changes in taxation or freight charges beyond our control.
3. The work is carried out on a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday at your request.
4. We have to collect or deliver goods above the first floor.
5. We supply any additional services, including moving or storing extra goods.
6. The stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the goods, or the approach road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles and/or containers to load and/or unload within 15 metres of the doorway, and this means we have to do extra work.
7. Any parking or other fees/charges that we have to pay in order to carry out services on your behalf.
8. There are delays or events outside our reasonable control.
9. Any amendments made to the original inventory list.
In all these circumstances you agree to pay for the adjusted charges that may apply.
Service not included in the quotation, unless agreed by us in writing we will not:
1. Dismantle or assemble unit or system furniture, fitments or fittings.
2. Disconnect, reconnect, dismantle or reassemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment.
3. Move storage heaters unless they are dismantled.
4. Take up or lay fitted floor coverings.
5. Move items from the first floor above.
6. Move or store any items
It will be your responsibility to:
1. Declare to us the correct value of the goods being moved and/or stored.
2. Arrange adequate insurance cover for the goods submitted for moving transit and/or storage against all insurable risks as our liability is limited under clauses INSURANCE DETAILS.
3. Obtain at your own expense all documents, permits, permissions, licenses, customs documents when necessary for the move to be completed.
4. You should be present/represented during the collection/delivery process.
5. Take all responsibility to ensure that nothing that should be moved is left behind and nothing is taken away in error.
6. Arrange proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises.
7. Prepare all appliances or electronic equipment prior to their movement.
8. Empty, defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
9. Provide us with a contact address for correspondence during transit and/or storage of goods.
10. To ensure that all boxes weight is not more than 20kg.
Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from your failure to discharge these responsibilities.
Prohibited goods for removal or storage
The following goods are excluded from this contract:
1. Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of any similar kind.
2. Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, pornographic material, potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items, including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms, and ammunition.
3. Plants or goods that can to encourage vermin/ other pests or to cause infestation or contamination.
4. Perishable items including refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
5. Any animals, birds or fish.
6. Goods which require a special license or government permission for export or import.
Such goods will not be moved by us except with our prior written agreement. In the event that we do move such goods, we will not accept liability for loss or damage. In case you will not declare if you have such goods without our knowledge and prior written agreement we will not be liable for any loss or damage and you will liable to us any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against us
Ownership of goods
By entering into this contract you declare that:
1. The goods to be moved and/or stored are your own property or
2. The person(s) who own or have an interest in them have given you the authority to make this contract and have been made aware of these conditions.
You will meet any claim for damages and/or costs brought against us if either of these declarations is not true.
Charges if you reschedule or cancel the move
If you reschedule or cancel this contract we may charge you according to how much notice is given:
1. 7-14 or more days before the moving date – No charge.
2. 3 to 7 days before the moving date – 20% of the quotation.
3. In case of cancellation within 2 days before the move date – 50% of the quotation.
4. You will be liable for the 3rd party expenses.
Payments for our Services
Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing:
1. If we were agreed for completion of the job, then a DEPOSIT of 18% from the quote is required to secure moving and/or date and time.
2. The difference of amount, you must clear funds on the day of completion.
3. In respect of all sums which are overdue to us, we will charge interest of 5% per day. In case you will fall to pay us in within 30 days, will pass your details to Debt Collectors and/or to the court.
4. We accept the following type of payments: Cash, Bank Transfer, Online Payment.
Liability for Loss or Damage
Our liability for loss or damage is limited as set out as per Insurance details. Also, you might require us to increase our liability.
1. In the event of our losing or damaging your goods, due to our negligence, we will claim from our insurer (insurer will give an item value) or will claim to replace only the damaged part.
2. We may choose to repair or replace the damaged item. If an item is repaired, we are not liable for depreciation in value.
3. Always subject to receiving your itemized valued inventory and request in writing to increase our liability prior to the move and/or storage commencing we may offer to extend our maximum liability to the value declared by you to us. This is not an insurance on the goods and you are strongly advised to accept the insurance offered in our quotation or if arranging insurance cover yourself, you are advised to show this contract to your insurance company.
4. We will not be liable for any damage to premises or property other than goods submitted for moving and/or storage unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract. Our liability is limited to making good the damaged area only.
5. If we cause damage as a result of moving goods under your express instruction against our advice and where to move the goods in the manner instructed is likely to cause damage, we shall not be liable.
6. If we are responsible for causing damage to your premises or to property other than goods submitted for moving and/or storage you must note this on the worksheet or delivery receipt. This is fundamental to the contract.
Exclusions of Liability
Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to produce the goods if it is caused by any of the following circumstances;
1. By fire howsoever caused.
2. By war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control.
3. By normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
4. By moth or vermin or a similar infestation.
5. By cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we did the work.
6. By atmospheric or climatic conditions.
7. Any goods or articles in any item which has not been packed or unpacked by us, this includes goods left within furniture or appliances and includes freezers.
8. For electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument, clock, computer or other equipment unless there is evidence of related external damage.
9. To jewelry, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind howsoever.
10. To any goods which have a relevant proven defect or are inherently defective.
11. Kit or system furniture, even when you have given written instructions to dismantle and reassemble, we cannot be liable for the quality when reassembled.
12. To animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
13. To plants.
14. To refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
No employee shall be separately liable to you for any loss, damage, misdelivery, errors or omissions under the terms of this contract.
1. For goods which we deliver, you must notify us in writing of any visible loss, damage within 24 hours after delivering.
2. If you or your agent collect from our warehouse you must note any loss or damage at the time the goods are handed to you.
Our right to sub-contract work
1. We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work.
2. If we sub-contract then these conditions will still apply.
Route and Method
1. We have the full right to choose the route by which to carry out the work.
2. Unless it has been specifically agreed otherwise in writing in our Quotation other space/volume/capacity on our vehicles and/or the container may be utilized for consignments of other customers.
This contract is subject to English and Welsh law and jurisdiction.
EXTRA CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO THE STORAGE OF GOODS
Your forwarding address
1. If you send goods to be stored, you must provide an address for correspondence and notify us if it changes. All correspondence and notices will be considered to have been received by you seven days after sending it to your last address recorded by us.
2. If you do not provide an address or respond to our correspondence or notices we may publish such notices in a public newspaper in the area to or from which the goods were moved, at your expense.
Lists of Goods (Inventory) or receipt
Where we produce a list of your goods (inventory) or a receipt and send it to you it will be accepted as accurate unless you write to us within ten days of our sending, notifying us of any errors or omissions.
Storage charges are payable in advance by monthly Bank Transfer unless otherwise agreed in writing. All charges including removal charges must be paid before the goods may be taken out of the store. We review our storage charges periodically. You will be given notice in writing of any variations.
Our Right to Sell or Dispose of the Goods
On giving you 5 days notice we are entitled to require you to remove your goods from our custody and pay all money due to us. If you fail to pay all outstanding amounts due to us, we are entitled to sell or dispose of some or all of the goods without further notice. The cost of the sale or disposal will be charged to you. The net proceeds will be credited to your account and any eventual surplus will be available to you without interest. If the full amount is not received, we can still seek to recover the balance from you.
If payments are up to date we will not end this contract except by giving you three calendar months notice in writing. If you wish to terminate your storage contract you must give us at least 15 days notice. If we can release the goods earlier, we will do so provided that your account is paid up to date. Charges for storage are payable to the date when the notice should have taken effect.
Handing Out Charges
If you make your own arrangements to collect some or all of the goods from our warehouse we are entitled to make a charge for handing them over. Our liability will cease upon handing over the goods.
Links to other websites
We have placed links on this website to other websites we think you may want to visit. We do not vet these websites and do not have any control over their contents. Deliveris cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of these websites.
There may be legal notices on other areas of this website which relate to your use of the website, all of which will, together with these Terms & Conditions govern your use of this website.
Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
Law, jurisdiction, and language
This website, any content contained herein, and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.